Pages

Thursday 15 September 2011

Pasta and tuna


Yesterday I cooked a dish by myself (with a bit of help from my dad) I enjoyed making it and I learned from the mistakes I made. The dish was pasta and tuna and my mum wrote the recipe down so that I'd know what to do.

The recipe:
Ingredients
  • 3 bowls of dried pasta (light lunch 4 people)
  • 1 pot full of cold water and salt
  • 1 tin of tuna in sunflower oil
  • Half a carton of pasatta sauce (tomato)
  • 1 onion
Method
  1. Put a pot of salted water onto the hob and turn it to high heat to boil
  2. Get a frying pan, and put some olive oil enough to cover the bottom of it
  3. Peel and chop the onion into small bits
  4. Put the onion into the frying pan and fry it at lower/medium heat and stir it with a wooden spoon till soft and golden
  5. Put the tuna in with white pepper
  6. Pour pasatta and mix, add a bit of sugar or cinnamon (little) .Then fry for about 5 mins.
Once the pasta is cooked, dry it and mix with the sauce.
Thats all!

Euan